Passenger App Guide
Click below for step by step instructions on how to use the Okotoks Transit App.
Use of Okotoks Transit during the COVID-19 pandemic.
During this health crisis, Okotoks Transit is operating as usual: Monday-Saturday, 6:00am-11:30pm.
Transit demand is increasing and with this comes increased shared ridership. Wearing a mask on transit vehicles is mandatory. For your safety, the safety of fellow passengers, and of riders after you, please wear a mask/face covering during your time on the vehicle. Additionally, to further mitigate risk, enhanced cleaning practices have been implemented. Some things to remember when using public services:
- Maintain 2 metres of physical distance where possible
- Limit the number of times you leave your home for errands
- Wash or sanitize your hands after touching communal surfaces
Okotoks Transit will continue to monitor daily demand and will adjust vehicle supply as necessary to ensure that there is sufficient transit service.
Okotoks On-Demand Transit Etiquette
Using the Okotoks On-Demand Transit service means sharing space. Literally and figuratively, we're all in it together, so it's important that you treat your fellow riders with courtesy and respect. Even the simplest actions can ensure that everyone, including you, has a more positive experience.
- Personal audio devices/cell phones Please keep the sound at a low volume and your voice down.
- Food & Drink If you are going to eat or drink while using transit, remember to keep it clean and don’t litter. No alcohol is permitted.
- Keep doorways clear In order for people to get on the van, people first need to be able to get off. Before you board, please stand back and allow passengers to exit.
- Luggage, sports equipment, large grocery bags, etc. Large items can be brought onto the vehicle and must be stored in the rear of the vehicle provided space is available. If you have bulky items taking up extra space, please book an extra seat for them.
- Smoking There is no smoking or vaping allowed in the transit van.
- Pets/service animals Domestic animals are permitted on vehicles either on-leash or in a travel kennel and must be under the care and control of the owner.